Professional Driveway Pavers in Victoria
If your driveway has developed unsightly cracks or other damage, look no further than Island Asphalt—the southernmost division of O.K. Industries—for driveway pavers in Victoria! Whether you have an asphalt or concrete driveway, our team of experienced professionals is fully equipped and prepared to provide quick and efficient repairs.
Our repair process is fairly straightforward:
- The team will begin by pressure washing the existing driveway to remove all debris such as weeds, sand, gravel and more. Oil and fuel stains will also be removed, as the sealer will not be effective in spots where those types of stains exist.
- Next, any cracks and potholes are filled in with a variety of materials depending on the size and nature of the crack or pothole.
- Once all the cracks and potholes have been carefully filled, we will apply a fresh sealcoating to the surface that will result in a beautiful driveway that will boost the curb appeal of your home!
- In total, the entire process will take around 24 hours, including drying time. We strongly recommend that once the sealcoating has been applied, you allow at least four hours before walking on the surface and at least eight hours before driving on it.
What is the Difference between Asphalt and Concrete Driveways?
Many people are often confused about the differences between asphalt and concrete driveways
, given the common nature of both surfaces. There are a few core differences you’ll want to keep in mind if you’re considering choosing between the two:
- Climate – Asphalt driveways are particularly suited to hold up in colder climates. However, asphalt will become soft and highly susceptible to cracks and other damage when exposed to warm temperatures and sunlight. Conversely, concrete driveways hold up very well in warmer climates, but require a tremendous amount of preventive maintenance in colder climates.
- Longevity – With consistent maintenance and routine sealing, an asphalt driveway typically lasts around 30 years. However, if it’s neglected, five years is the likely maximum lifespan. And despite higher costs, concrete driveways are typically preferred, as they traditionally last up to 50 years with proper care and maintenance.
With both asphalt and concrete driveway owners, one of the most common questions we are asked is how often a driveway should be re-sealed. While the answer depends on a number of factors, we recommend once every five years if the driveway has been properly maintained.
What Causes Cracking?
At Island Paving, we believe it’s important to understand exactly what causes a driveway to crack. There are a number of causes, which include:
Improper installation of the driveway base and/or subbase
The use of salt to melt ice during the winter season
Growing tree roots
Placing excessive weight on the driveway (any item weighing over a few tons or 10,000 pounds)
Hire a Professional Driveway Paver Today
While you could make driveway repairs a DIY project, any mistakes you make could end up being very costly in nature. That’s why we recommend hiring the professionals at Island Asphalt. You can rest assured the job will be done right the first time!Contact us today to schedule repairs.